Each and every website owner desires that his website ranks higher in the search engine results and thus gets a lot of traffic, continuously.
In this hub, you will find some of the best tips and techniques to improve your website rankings and traffic to your website. Apply these techniques correctly on your webpages and you will see an increased amount of traffic to your website without much effort.
1) The first and foremost thing is content of your website. Your website should have useful and informative content, or some useful products and services which are helpful for your audience.
2) Keep the principal and secondary keywords in the first twenty five words of your content and keep them uniformly spread throughout the page.
3) Make a good research about the right keywords and key phrases to be used in your content, so that you may draw interest of your target customers.
4) Make use of keywords in the correct fields and references inside your web page. This includes Title, Meta Tags, and Headers etc.
5) Website design. The website design is a very important thing. Just maintain your website design as simple as possible, so that your viewers can navigate within your pages easily, and can easily find your products and services and buy them.
6) Submit each and every page of your website to the search engines and directories. Do not just submit the homepage. If you do not have the required time to do this, you may hire someone to do this for you. Make sure this is done by manual submission and automatic submission is not used to do this.
7) Be aware of changes being done in search engine algorithms and procedures. Then modify the pages of your website appropriately so that your website remains high in the search engine rankings. There are a lot of free tools available online, which you may use to track how your website is performing.
8) Make use of the statistics of your website to see from where the website traffic is coming. Study about the visitor locations, their entrance and exit paths. See whether the traffic is coming from a search engine or from other links. What are the keywords being used to find your content etc.
9) Make sure that your visitors visit again and again to your website. Do this by giving them free reports, or discount coupons or include them in your opt-in list and send them newsletters.
10) See what your competitors are doing to keep their search engine rankings high. Also watch the high ranked websites and see what they are doing to stay high. See what type of content, keywords, navigation and web design is being used by them.
11) Establish yourself as an expert in your field, by writing and submitting articles to the various article directories. This way, people will see you as an expert in the particular field and will definitely buy more products and services from you.
12) When you are selling any products or services on your website, make sure that you keep your payment and shipping processes simple, so that customers do not find any difficulty when buying products and services online from your website.
13) Do not keep your website as an unchanging catalogue. Keep it dynamic, with content being constantly changed and keep changing the look and feel of your website, just as a real shop and with the same importance.
14) After all if you are still not sure of getting much website visitors, then it would be better to hire a professional to do this job for you. It may seem expensive at first, but it is very cheap than expending your money on a website which does not get any visitors.
Latest posts by Sunny (see all)
- How to Improve You Web Page Titles? - November 5, 2016
- Why Is Search Engine Optimization an Important Tool? - October 26, 2016
- How to Grow Your Online Business with SEO? - October 18, 2016